Follow Our Blogs
NOT LOOKING GOOD
Apologies as I’ve jumped the gun a bit here.
We’ve had a written response from the council but the claimant group does not get to discuss it until tomorrow and we don’t get to discuss it with the council until next week.
The council has stressed that everything in their response is confidential so I cannot disclose any details.
But on the face of it they’ve agreed to nothing. Not a single issue. Nor have they proposed anything in response.
If this has political approval then we’re looking at 3-5 years of more litigation, at least.
But I’m the ultimate pessimist. I may have misunderstood the council’s intention. Silence, or lack of objection, might be good. They might be holding back until our meeting.
Apologies again, [especially my colleagues) I probably should have waited until tomorrow at least.
Hopefully, the council will provide some assurance next week.
But there certainly isn’t any obvious good news in their response