WAITING FOR SUSAN
I am pleased to say that after yesterdays hiccup, GMB UNISON and A4ES are all singing from the same hymn sheet. We await for clarification from UNITE but we have been assured they ARE committed to the principles of parity.
Nevertheless, we were in a position to present to the council our revised proposals which we think meets both our criteria and the councils requirements. These are very complicated and the council needs some time to give them consideration and then to get political approval.
So we didn’t get an answer straight away. The good news is that they weren’t rejected out of hand, so there is still hope.
We think that we will hear back from the council by the end of the week.
Even if our proposals get the green light it is important to stress that that doesn't mean we have agreement as we will still need to go through the details and exact wordings of an MOU [memorandum of understanding]. Similarly, the council would need to go through all its approval processes. We would be close but not there yet. If our proposals are rejected then I’m afraid it would be the end of the negotiations for the time being and its back to tribunal.
So all we can do is wait for Susan.